Tuesday 19 January 2010

Whitlingham lunchtime birding


Whitlingham Broad, Norwich
Finally had a clear lunch break and made the ten minute drive to Whitlingham Broad for a birding fix and some rather nice year ticks.

There is obviously a bit of a lunchtime birding scene going on here with half a dozen birders, some sporting ties, hanging around the edge of the Broad and scoping the excellent selection of winter wildfowl present.

During my short stay I added Red Necked Grebe [1], Slavonian Grebe [1], Scaup [1] and Ruddy Duck [1] to the year list plus single Great Northern Diver and Smew. All in all an excellent half hours spotting within Norwich city limits and the year list now stands at 112.




1 comment:

Tony Morris said...

Nice collection, I'll not tell you my year list at the moment, I haven't been anywhere other than ST Margaret's and Sandwich so far. Hope your managing sleepless nights,
Tony