Sunday 30 June 2013

Lunchtime mini beasts

I've had some problems with my back over the last ten days or so. Part of my therapy is to walk and as well as taking numerous short strolls around Hunstanton where I live. I've also had a couple of lunchtime wanders around Ken Hill Wood, on one day when I did this walk last week it was a little cool and cloudy and on the other there was a persistent light rain.


I took the pictures in this blog on these two walks using my Panasonic Lumix TZ30 and have made a stab at identifying the creatures with my home library. I'd welcome any informed comments on my attempted identifications.

This is a cranefly - Ctenophora - probably C. pectinicornis 


 
Wasp Beetle, Clytus arietis, a wasp mimic, well its black and yellow and apparently does a more convincing Wasp impersonation when it moves.








No comments: