Monday 2 February 2009

New toy in a snow storm




Snow at lunchtime had turned to a cold rain by late afternoon. So I am glad I made the effort to get out in Rosary Cemetery, Norwich for half an hour with my new Ricoh GR digital compact. Only the second time I have taken this new toy out a replacement for my old Capilo R4. First impressions are that I will miss the optical zoom on the Capilo [I am not as impressed so far with the GR's optical zoom] and that it will take me a while to get used to the GR's macro function. Having said that playing with the settings of a new camera in a snow storm was always going to be difficult.

Pictured here is the delicate flower stalk of a Butterburr always one of the earliest of flowers to bloom [I saw some in flower on the North Norfolk coast at Christmas]. The other image is of the newer half of the cemetery.


No comments: