Saturday 27 August 2011

Passing time with Passage Waders at Titchwell


Little Stint, Titchwell Marsh


Ruff, Titchwell Marsh



Curlew Sandpiper, Titchwell Marsh


Real feel of autumn in the air the past week or so. This morning saw me taking our toddler to Home beech for a play and a chance for me to have a very quick squint at the sea where couple of young Gannets could be seen feeding way offshore.


This afternoon I managed an hour at Titchwell on my own. The Fresh Marsh was looking pretty good and absolutely hooching with waders, In the time I spent there I saw 13 species and dipped on Wood Sandpiper. Perhaps the highlights were the juvenile Little Stints and Curlew Sandpipers and the mixed winter and summer plumage Spotted Redshanks.


After Titchwell back to the father in laws in Titchwell where we watched a Weasel work its way along one of the flower beds.







No comments: